Learn medical artificial intelligence in Python
June 10th – August 6th, 2023
hours minutes seconds
McMedHacks 2023 Closing Ceremony
Title: Artificial Intelligence for Breast Cancer Detection From Mammography: Clinical Validation and integration &Deep learning in cancer radiation therapy
Speakers: Dr. Xun Jia & Dr. Du Hao
McMedHacks Leadership Team
McMedHacks is back!
McMedHacks is an 8-week-long program that aims to teach students, researchers, and clinicians fundamentals of medical image analysis and deep learning in Python. It consists of a series of in-depth workshop demos with Google Colab and seminar series given by leaders in the field. McMedHacks is a program organized by the EngerLab at the McGill Medical Physics Unit (MPU), Lady Davis Institute. EngerLab is a part of McGill Centre for Translational Research in Cancer, as well as the Cancer Research Network. Last year’s participants can be found here!
NEW to this year’s edition:
- Online learning module to learn at your own pace prior to coming to live sessions on Saturday (seminar) and Sunday (hands-on coding workshop)
- In-depth introduction to popular deep learning framework PyTorch.
- Phase 1: from week 1 to 4: providing a fundamental understanding of classical machine learning to deep learning applications on medical image analysis.
- Phase 2: from week 5 to week 8: introducing the best practices and state-of-the-art methodologies from current medical AI literature in medical image analysis and natural language processing.
- Certificates: phase 1 certificate for attendance from week 1 to 4; phase 2 complete certificate for attendance from week 1 to 8.
- Networking opportunities during live sessions to connect with students, researchers, and professionals around the globe!
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of image analysis
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of machine learning
- Introducing a popular deep learning framework (Pytorch)
- Introducing fully supervised medical image segmentation
- Introducing natural language processing
- Introducing transformers
- Introducing concepts in weakly and self-supervised learning
- Best practices in deep learning research & model generalizability
McMedHacks 2023 Statistics
McMedHacks 2023 attracted 570 registrations from 54 countries!