Learn medical artificial intelligence in Python
June 10th – August 6th, 2023
hours minutes seconds
McMedHacks 2023 Opening Ceremony
McMedHacks is back!
McMedHacks is an 8-week-long program that aims to teach students, researchers, and clinicians fundamentals of medical image analysis and deep learning in Python. It consists of a series of in-depth workshop demos with Google Colab and seminar series given by leaders in the field. McMedHacks is a program organized by the EngerLab at the McGill Medical Physics Unit (MPU), Lady Davis Institute. EngerLab is a part of McGill Centre for Translational Research in Cancer, as well as the Cancer Research Network. Last year’s participants can be found here!
See McMedHacks 2022 statistics here and previous years’ program here!
NEW to this year’s edition:
- Online learning module to learn at your own pace during the week with upon weekly mentor prior to coming to live sessions on Saturday (seminar) and Sunday (hands-on coding workshop)
- In-depth introduction to popular deep learning framework PyTorch.
- Phase 1: from week 1 to 4: providing a fundamental understanding of classical machine learning to deep learning applications on medical image analysis.
- Phase 2: from week 5 to week 8: introducing the best practices and state-of-the-art methodologies from current medical AI literature in medical image analysis and natural language processing.
- Certificates: phase 1 certificate for attendance from week 1 to 4; phase 2 complete certificate for attendance from week 1 to 8.
- Networking opportunities during live sessions to connect with students, researchers, and professionals around the globe!
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of image analysis
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of machine learning
- Introducing a popular deep learning framework (Pytorch)
- Introducing fully supervised medical image segmentation
- Introducing natural language processing
- Introducing transformers
- Introducing concepts in weakly and self-supervised learning
- Best practices in deep learning research & model generalizability
McMedHacks 2022 Statistics
McMedHacks 2022 attracted 1000+ registrations from 62 countries!
With levels of educations:
From fields of studies and domains:
They heard about McMedHacks through:
Our 2021 McMedHacks Workshop Participants
In its first edition in 2021, McMedHacks gained 356 registrations from participants of 38 different countries from undergraduates, to PhDs and MDs. A vast number of disciplines and professions were represented, dominated by medical physics students, academic, and clinical medical physicists. The program received high participant feedback average scores of 4.768, 4.478, 4.579, 4.292, 4.84 out of five for the qualities of presentation, workshop session, tutorial and mentor, assignments, and course delivery, respectively.
with various levels of education
from 38+ countries
Head of Marketing
Head of Support